6 Reasons Why Attending Leadership Development Programs Are Necessary
If you are an aspiring leader, and your manager notices your efforts on you becoming one, request that you be sent to a leadership development program.
There’s nothing wrong about being assertive when you feel that you have a positive attitude to learning and managing change.
Even if they say that “Leaders are born, not made.”, nothing in this world will prove that. There seem to be a whole lot of conflicting messages out there on the endless debate of whether or not a great leader is one who has inherited the leadership gene from his ancestors.
Leadership is first and foremost about a behavioral trait called attitude. It is the drive towards leading people, making positive decisions, possessing core values that are required by the organization to manage change.
Leadership development programs are necessary in order to:
- Increase productivity. Leaders should understand their people emotionally. Leaders should be able to use emotional intelligence so that they can use empathy effectively to empower and engage their team.
- Retain your staff – Majority of people resign because of their bosses. If employees feel that their boss is ineffective, they leave. You can increase staff retention rates if you invest in leadership development training.
- Nurture future leaders – Quality leadership is a combination of the right leadership qualities and the right training. Make time to identify those who have the qualities of a future leader and give them the appropriate leadership training. Leadership training supports succession planning and clears career pathways to current employees.
- Make better decisions – Leaders who have developed high-level of emotional intelligence will make informed and intelligent business decisions.
- Increase staff engagement – Leaders who have undergone leadership development programs develop effective ways in giving feedback, which in turn motivates and increases the level of performance of each individual or team. The leader generously gives out praises to those who deserve them.
For companies who don’t invest in leadership development, they risk the possibility of losing future leaders that move to companies, who are willing to invest for them.
Finally, leadership programs dispel the myth that “Leaders are born, not made.”
Need guidance to bring out the best in your company? Contact Benchmark Consulting, the country’s premiere coaching, training, and leadership development company, at (02) 812 7177 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.